Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake. If you are a chocolate freak, like me, then this recipe will soon become one of your favorites.
I love anything with chocolate chips in it (except for coconut) and this will soon be one of my favorites, as soon as I can get my husband to bake it. Now that he is retired he is the cook in our family. Warm and fresh out of the oven is the best way to serve it to your family. No doubt you get a hug and a kiss or two.
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate chip mixture for Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake:
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 bag chocolate chips
Directions for Chocolate Chip Coffee cake:
1. Combine butter, 1 cup sugar, and eggs in mixing bowl.
2. Combine dry ingredients and add alternately with sour cream into bowl.
3. Add vanilla.
Batter will be very thick.
4. Spread 1/2 of batter into 9X13 pan.
5. In separate small bowl combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon.
6. Add half of cinnamon mixture over top of batter in pan.
7. Sprinkle 1/2 of chocolate chips over cinnamon mixture.
8. Add remaining batter over top of chocolate chips.
9. Add remaining cinnamon sugar and top with remaining chocolate chips and bake in 350 degree oven for 20- 30 minutes.
This recipe is complements of The Homestead Recipes on facebook. Stop by her page a give it some love and tell her you saw her recipe here.