Homemade whipped cream is a popular topping for desserts and drinks. Here are some desserts for which whipped cream is commonly used as a topping or spread:
- Pies (especially pumpkin pies and chocolate pies)
- Ice creams (especially ice cream sundaes)
- Cupcakes and cakes (especially as regular whipped cream on gingerbread cake and in the form of whipped cream frosting on other cakes)
- Puddings (especially banana pudding and chocolate pudding)
- Fresh berries and fruit salads
- Try it on your soup or scrambled eggs.
And here are some drinks that are made extra-decadent with a dollop of homemade whipped cream:
- Hot chocolate
- Espresso con Panna, Caffe Lattes and other espresso drinks
- Iced coffee drinks
- Flaming Spanish Coffee, Irish Coffee and other coffee cocktails
- Chai and dirty chai lattes
- Hot apple cider
Here is the recipe:
heavy whipping cream
In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Remove cream cheese mixture from mixing bowl and set aside.
Add 1 cup heavy whipping cream to mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat just until stiff peaks form.
Keep refrigerated until ready to use.