This is my family’s favorite meal I make. A recipe handed down from generations. Thanks MOM!
My Mother was the best cook in the world. This is her recipe for meatballs and spaghetti. Serve with garlic bread and salad. Enjoy!
My Mother's Meatball and Spaghetti
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 2276
Trans Fat 16g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 108g
Total Carbohydrates 262g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- l pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce ( use one that you like the flavor)
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon pepper.
- 1 small can tomato puree (mix with 2 cans of water)
- 1 small package spaghetti - I like Angle hair spaghetti.
- Combine ground beef (uncooked) cracker crumbs. bread crumbs, 1/4 Tablespoon, 1/4 Tablespoon pepper, milk and egg.
- Make into small balls and fry in large skillet until very brown on the outside. They do not have to be cooked on the inside.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add barbeque sauce, ketchup, remaining salt, remaining pepper and tomato puree with water to browned meatballs. Give the sauce a little taste and season to taste.
- Turn down heat to low and simmer about 2 hours. Stirring occasionally
- About 15 minutes before serving cook the spaghetti. (I throw it against the wall and if it sticks it is done).
- Serve with garlic bread and salad. Enjoy!
My Honeys Place http://myhoneysplace.com/
My Mother’s Meatballs and Spaghetti