Recipes for a Buttermilk Pumpkin Pie and a Chocolate Pumpkin Pie.
Listen to recipe:Print
- 1 14.1 oz. package refrigerated pie crust (2 sheets)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 large eggs (divided)
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract (divided)
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- 1 14 oz, can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line 2 (9 inch) pie platters with piecrust. Fold edges under, and crimp as desired. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat sugar, butter, and flour together until fluffy. Add 2 eggs, buttermilk, and 3/4 teaspoon vanilla, beating well to combine. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, condense milk, remaining 2 eggs, remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla, cloves, nutmeg, and ginger, stirring until blended. Pour over cooked buttermilk layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set. Let cool completely on wire racks.
- Top with ice cream or whipping cream if desired.
Listen to recipe:
- 1 14.4 oz, box chocolate graham crackers
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 15 oz. cans pumpkin puree
- 1 7 oz. jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Frozen nondairy whipping topping (thawed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine graham cracker, sugar, chili powder, and salt. Pulse until mixture is finely ground. Add melted butter and egg white, pulsing until crumbly.
- Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 10 inch deep dish pie plate, or removable bottom tart pan. Line crust with parchment paper; add pie weights.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool. Remove pie weights and parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat pumpkin and marshmallow cream at medium high speed with a mixer until smooth, approximately 3 minutes. Add confectioners’ sugar, coconut milk, orange zest, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, coriander, cardamon and salt, beating to combine. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake until set, approximately 1 hour. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool for at least 1 hour. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Top with whipped topping.
- *** Makes 1 (10 inch) deep dish pie