25 Tasty Recipes To Add Cabbage To Your Diet. Try these ways to cook cabbage. Healthy Cabbage can taste delicious.
Why eat cabbage:
Cabbage is high in fiber and contains powerful antioxidants, including polyphenols and sulfur compounds. Cabbage is especially high in vitamin C, a potent antioxidant that may protect against heart disease, certain cancers and vision loss. It is also low in calories.
Cabbage contains powerful antioxidants that may help reduce inflammation. It will improve your digestive health because of it’s high fiber content. Red Cabbage is high in potassium and may help reduce your blood pressure.
Cabbage is a good source of soluble fiber and plant steroids. These substances have been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol.
Ways to cook cabbage and recipes:
1. Cut a couple of heads into small wedges, splash with a good oil (I use avocado) and pink salt and roast in a 400 degree oven until the wedges are soft and lightly browned. It caramelizes a bit. It’s delicious.
2. Sauteed in olive oil and garlic.
3. Slow simmer some smoked turkey necks in water or chicken broth for a couple of hours and then add cabbage for the last 30 mins or until it reaches your desired tenderness. You eat the turkey meat with cabbage for a meal.
4. Slice an onion shaved garlic saute in olive oil and butter. Cube the cabbage and saute together. Add more butter as needed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Saute with kielbasa, season with salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning. Stir in cooked rice when finished.
6. Fry with diced potatoes, onions , and polish sausage, little salt and pepper. Use a whole head of cabbage , a large onion, a whole pack of polish sausage, 4 or 5 potatoes ( just wash and dice, use the peelings and all ) and salt and pepper to taste. You can also put a little hot sauce and mine (in you plate) when it’s done.
7. Stir fry 4 cups of finely sliced cabbage in butter then crumble a wheel or 2 of feta cheese over and stir until it forms a sauce. Add black pepper and serve.
8. Make sausage egg roll bowls. Fry it with shredded carrots, crumbled breakfast sausage and green onions. Top it with sweet and sour sauce.
- 1 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 lemon including peel and seed
- 1 tablespoon apple vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon clove whole cloves
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
Cut cabbage, celery and lemon into small pieces
Add cabbage, celery, lemon, apple vinegar, chia seeds, clove and cranberry juice cocktail into blender
Blend until smooth.
9. Boil it with chopped up bacon with a bit of vinegar in the water. The kids love it.
10. Make it with cooked chicken or pork chops. After whichever meat is cooked throw in cabbage a pinch of garlic powder, a pinch of cumin some chopped tomatoes and some water. Done when cabbage is soft.
11. Fried with hamburger meat and onion.
12. Chop it and fry in bacon grease. Cook up and crumble some bacon and onion. Cook it in the bacon grease and season with salt and pepper.
13. My recipe is very good I call it heart attack cabbage lol. I use 2 slices of bacon cut up and fried, a stick of real butter garlic powder just sprinkle it on a little salt and pepper no water cook in the bacon grease and butter. I usually cook it in a big pan like my spaghetti pan cover with a lids keep stirring it about every couple of minutes it’s amazing.
14. Cook it in your crock pot with canned diced tomato and steak seasoning.
15. Slice it up, add sliced carrots, onions, cauliflower and any other veg, stir fry with a good dash of soy sauce until cabbage is just soft…delicious!!
16. Quarter the head of cabbage sprinkle with extra virgin olive oil garlic salt and pepper. Put on the grill get some char marks and then wrap it in aluminum foil and let it roast over the fire.
17. Slice into wedges and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt n pepper. Roast in 375 oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
18. Cabbage roll soup:
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large yellow onion , chopped (1 3/4 cups)
2 large carrots , chopped (1 1/4 cups)
5 cups packed chopped cabbage (16 – 19 oz)
3 cloves garlic , minced
2 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium beef broth
3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp dried paprika
1 tsp dried oregano or 1 Tbsp chopped fresh
3/4 tsp dried thyme or 2 1/2 tsp chopped fresh
2 bay leaves
3/4 cup dry long-grain white rice
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large cast iron pot over medium-high heat.
Add beef, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring and breaking up beef occasionally, until browned. Transfer beef to a plate lined with paper towels while reserving 2 Tbsp of the rendered fat in pan, set beef aside.
Add onion and carrots to pan and saute 1 minute, then add cabbage and saute 2 minutes, then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
Pour in beef broth, tomato sauce, tomatoes, brown sugar, Worcestershire, paprika, oregano, thyme and bay leaves. Return beef to soup mixture.
Season soup with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a light boil, then add rice, cover pot and reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 25 minutes.
Stir in up to 1 cup water or more beef broth to thin as desired (it will thicken as it rests and become almost like a stew), then stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve warm
19. Breakfast Cabbage:
1/2 cup diced onions, sauteed
2 cups thinly sliced cabbage
Add garlic pepper and salt
Saute for 10 minutes
Mix 3 Scramble eggs into it.
20. Candy Cabbage: Boil green and purple cabbage together with a little apple juice or water, vinegar, brown sugar and a green Granny Smith apple (sliced thin NOT peeled) cook it low until the apple and cabbage are soft!!! Yummy!
21. Skinny soup: 2 boxes of College chicken stock, a head of (medium) cabbage and what ever veggies you like added, and boil. SO GOOD!
22. Mix ground beef and stovetop stuffing mix, little ketchup. Take cabbage leaves and wrap a small portion of meat mixture then cover with diced tomatoes and spaghetti sauce in glass dish. Bake covered in foil for 45 min to 1 hour.
23. Slice up some smoked sausage, large sweet onion , put in a large pot with butter fry them up then slice up cabbage put in pot with some turmeric and a little water enough to sizzle and make some steam put lid on wait for cabbage to get to texture you like stir frequently add salt and pepper can be made with or without sausages!
It’s really good this way.
24. 1 stick of butter, 1 pkg. of sausage, 1 onion, sliced. Brown the sausage and onion in the butter with salt and pepper to taste. Cut up the cabbage in large pieces. Then pour in 2 cans of tomatoes. Boil till done. So delicious!
See more of our Cooking Tips and Tricks