3 Super Bowl Appetizers. Recipes for your Super Bowl Party. Oyster Cheese Log, Slow Cooker BBQ Sausage Bites and Mozzarella Cheese Cubes.
Oyster Cheese Log
- 3 pkg. 8 oz. each cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced, or 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cans 31/4 oz. each smoked oysters, well-drained and chopped
- 3 cups chopped pecans divided
- 3 Tbsp. chili powder Minced fresh parsley
In a mixer bowl, combine the cheese, steak sauce, Miracle Whip, garlic and onion.
Stir in oysters and 1 cup of pecans.
Shape into two 9-in. logs. Roll logs in mixture of chili powder, remaining pecans and parsley.
Slow Cooker BBQ Sausage Bites
- 1 pkg. 16 oz. miniature smoked sausages
- 3/4 lb. fully cooked bratwurst links cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 3/4 lb. smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage cut into 1/2-in. slices
- 1 bottle 18 oz. barbecue sauce
- 2/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 can 20 oz. pineapple chunks, drained
In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all the sausages. In a small bowl, whisk barbecue sauce, marmalade, mustard and allspice. Pour over sausage mixture; stir to coat.
Cover and cook on high until heated through, 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Stir in pineapple. Serve with toothpicks.
Mozzarella Cheese Cubes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. minced chives
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 lb. cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; add cheese cubes. Stir to coat.
Cover; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Serve with pretty party picks.