Air Fryer Parmesan Chicken with homemade marinara sauce.
This is a recipe that is delicious and easy because it is cooked in your air fryer.Print
- 2 about 8 oz each chicken breast, sliced in half to make 4 thinner cutlets
- 6 tbsp seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter (melted (or olive oil))
- 6 tbsp mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (smashed)
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer 360F° for 9 minutes.
- Spray the basked lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in another bowl.
- Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture.
- When the air fryer is ready, place 2 pieces in the basket and spray the top with oil.
- Cook 6 minutes, turn and top each with 1 tbsp sauce and 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cook 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Set aside and keep warm, repeat with the remaining 2 pieces.
- In a medium pot, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute until golden, being careful not to burn.
- Add crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, and bay leaf. Stir and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and let simmer about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add fresh basil.
- Serve over chicken.
Check out more of our Air Fryer Recipes