Baked Appetizer Meatballs. Very Easy To Make. Sometimes called porcupine meatballs. Made with ground beef, uncooked rice, and special seasonings.
Serve over mashed potatoes, spaghetti or on a toothpick for a holiday snack. Your party guest will absolutely love these. A sweet taste due to brown sugar in the recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, water, onion, salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and celery salt.
Mix well and shape into 9 meatballs.
Place in a lightly greased baking dish.
In a bowl, stir together tomato sauce, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over meatballs.
Cover baking dish with foil.
Bake covered for 40 minutes then uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.