Chocolate and bananas elevate cheesecake to a dessert that’s elegant enough for Saturday guests but easy enough for Monday’s family dinner!
- 1 cup Vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup Butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar (divided)
- 8 oz . Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 ripe Chiquita Bananas
- 3 Tbsp . Frozen orange concentrate (thawed)
- 1 lb . Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz . Brewed espresso (liquid)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8-inch cheesecake pan, or use a standard cake pan and place parchment paper on inside bottom of pan (cut circle to fit pan and grease top of paper).
- Mix cookie crumbs, butter, and 1/2 cup sugar in bowl and place in cake pan. Press firmly down to create a flat surface. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Let cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Whip cream cheese with mixer for 30 seconds. Add 3/4 cup sugar and eggs, and mix for an additional 2 minutes. Add Chiquita bananas and orange juice concetrate, and mix for 2-3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Pour batter in cheesecake pan on top of crust. Place cheesecake pan in a larger cake pan and fill the larger cake pan with hot water until it is 1/4 of the way to the top of the cheese cake pan. Place in oven for 55-60 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes, then invert to remove from cake pan. Immediately place serving plate on crust side of cheesecake and flip so cheesecake is right-side up again.
- In double boiler, melt chocolate chips. Add heavy cream and stir to blend with chocolate. Add espresso, stirring constantly until blended (Note: stir slowly to avoid creating air bubbles in the ganache). Let cool for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Ganache is ready to place on cheesecake once it is room temperature. Spread ganache topping evenly over cake. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour and serve.