Best Way To Clean Bottom of Pots and Pans.
Listen to Instructions:
Don’t throw away those old pots and pans.
Clean them instead. Here is how:Print
- Scouring pads 1 synthetic non scratch type (1 metal coil type)
- Baking soda
- Steel wool
- Dawn dish soap
For Copper-Bottom Pan:
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- Wash the stainless steel pots and pans in Dawn dish soap and hot water.
- Rinse the cookware in plain, warm water to remove soap and to assure a wet surface. Shake baking soda over the bottom of the pot.
- Scour the stainless steel pot bottom with a synthetic scrubbing pad to remove black marks and prevent scratches.
- Polish the bottoms of stainless steel pots and pans with a clean dry dishcloth.
For Copper-Bottom Pans:
- Mix 1 tbs. flour, 1 tbsp. white vinegar and 1 tbsp. salt to create a polish for pot bottoms. Apply the mixture to the pot bottoms with a sponge or non-scratch pad and rub the mixture all over the surface to remove discolorations.
- Wash the pans in hot soapy water. Rinse with plain warm water.
- Remove stubborn hard water spots from cookware by rubbing a dab of toothpaste on the spots. Rinse thoroughly.
- Polish the pots with a clean, dry dishtowel.