Catch Me If You Can Shrimp and Broccoli.
Listen to recipe:
An easy recipe to serve your family for dinner.
Less than 10 minutes from pan to mouth.
- 4 egg whites
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound large shrimp (18–20 count, peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 pound chopped Broccoli
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Whisk the egg whites until they are foamy then add cornstarch and continue whisking until combined.
- Add the shrimp to the batter one at a time using a fork.
- Pick up 1 shrimp at a time allowing it to drip off so that the shrimp has a thin coating and maintains it’s shape.
- Heat your oil in a medium sized pot on medium high (350 degrees) and fry until light golden brown, 4-5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add the honey, mayonnaise and sweetened condensed milk and whisk to combine.
- Add the sauce to the frying pan and then add the broccoli.
- Cook until broccoli is tender. About 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve immediately with steamed rice if desired.