Cheeseburger Onion Rings .
You can have your cheeseburger and onion ring rolled into one delicious recipe.
Make it for an appetizer or even your main dish.
This recipe makes 6 to 8 rings.Print
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ pound cheddar cheese (cut into 1-inch squares)
- 1 large white onion
- 1 cup flour
- 5 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- Oil (for frying)
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat to 350℉
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Peel and slice the onion into 1-centimeter rings, and detach the rings from each other.
- Take a spoonful of the beef mixture and press it into the bottom of a ring.
- Push a cheddar square into the center of the beef.
- Seal the top with another spoonful of the beef, pressing it flat.
- Repeat with the rest of the rings.
- Place the flour, eggs, and bread crumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dip a ring into the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, the bread crumbs, then back to the eggs, and one last time into the breadcrumbs.
- Repeat with the remaining rings.
- Fry the rings for 5-6 minutes, until deep golden-brown.
- Drain on a paper towel, then serve with ketchup!