Chocolate Crumbles. An easy chocolate filled dessert recipe with crumb layers and crunchy chocolate pecan topping.
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups 12-oz. pkg. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 1 can 14 oz. NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
BEAT butter in large mixer bowl on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in flour, sugar and salt on low speed until crumbly. Press 2 cups of mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned on edges.
COMBINE 1 1/2 cups of morsels and sweetened condensed milk in small saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until morsels are melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract. Pour evenly over hot crust. Add remaining morsels and chopped pecans to the reserved crust mixture; sprinkle over the chocolate layer.
BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into diamond-shaped pieces.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of Very Best Baking By Nestle