Can’t go wrong with this yummy chocolate cheesecake pie.
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 package semisweet chocolate morsels (6-ounce)
- 2 packages cream cheese softened (8-ounce, regular or nonfat)
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream (regular or nonfat)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Whisk sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt together in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Pour melted butter into the mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Press dough into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake crust in preheated oven until the sides are firm and the bottom bubbles slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or medium bowl over simmering water. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, egg, and vanilla. Mix on low speed until smooth and creamy. Fold in sugar and flour.
- Pour filling into prepared pan.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over surface of cheesecake. Using a toothpick swirl the chocolate into the filling, just until decorative swirls form (don’t over-swirl, or you’ll lose the effect).
- Bake 1 hour, or until center is set. Turn off oven, prop open the oven door (not all the way, just slightly), and allow the cake to cool 15 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack and cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.