Christmas Rocky Road Bars.
Yummy no bake holiday candy dessert recipe that would make a great Christmas gift or a snack for your family.
Listen to recipe:
- 14 and 1/2 ounces good-quality white chocolate
- 9 and 1/2 ounces white marshmallows chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut toasted
- 12 and 1/2 ounces Turkish delight chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup almonds toasted, chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup roasted pistachios
Grease two 31/4-inch x 101/2-inch bar cake pans; line base and sides with parchment paper, extending the paper 2 inches above long sides.
Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl over a medium saucepan of simmering water (don't let water touch the base of bowl); stir until smooth.
Combine marshmallows, coconut, Turkish delight and nuts in a large bowl. Working quickly, stir in the melted chocolate; spread mixture into pans, pressing down to flatten.
Refrigerate until set, then cut into slices.
Rocky road can be made up to 1 week ahead; keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
If you're making the rocky road for children, swap the Turkish delight for raspberry jubes; instead of almonds and pistachios, use the same quantity of red and green M&Ms.
Yields 36 slices