Chunky Meat And Spaghetti Soup. Can be cooked in your crock pot or stove top. Perfect recipe for an evening meal or lunch.
Chunky Meat And Spaghetti Soup
- 2 pounds stewing beef trimmed and cubed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine optional
- 6 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 pound potatoes peeled and cubed
- 4 cups spaghetti cooked according to package directions
- 4 celery stalks cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Chives for topping optional
Combine flour, garlic powder and salt & pepper. Toss beef in flour mixture.
Heat olive oil in a large pot. Cook the beef until browned. If using crock pot then transfer to the crock pot.
Add red wine and beef stock while scraping up any brown bits in the pan.
Stir in all remaining ingredients except for spaghetti, cornstarch and water. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer 1 hour or until beef is tender (up to 90 minutes). Or crock pot for 3 hours on medium heat.
Cook spaghetti according to package directions and drain juices.
Mix equal parts cornstarch and water to create a thin sauce. Slowly add the sauce to the boiling stew to reach desired consistency stirring continuously. (you may not need all of the sauce).
Stir in cooked spaghetti and simmer 5-10 minutes before serving . Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Top with chives if desired.
Makes 8 servings
See more of our Soup Recipes