Cinnamon Chocolate Swirl Pound Cake.
Most delicious pound cake you will ever bake. A moist cake with chocolate swirls.
Listen to recipe:
- 1 4-ounce bar semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 5 Large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 cup whole buttermilk (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray a 10-inch tube pan with nonstick baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, place chocolate. In a small saucepan, bring cream, confectioners’ sugar, butter, and corn syrup to a boil over medium-high heat. Pour hot cream mixture over chopped chocolate, whisking until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, beat shortening, sugar, and cinnamon at high speed with a mixer until light and fluffy, approximately 6 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to medium. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine buttermilk and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to shortening mixture in thirds, alternating with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Pour chocolate mixture over batter. Using a butter knife, swirl chocolate mixture through batter. Pour remaining batter over chocolate mixture. Tap pan against counter to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Loosely cover cake with aluminum foil, and continue baking until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, approximately 45 minutes more. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature.