- 4 Eggs
- ⅔ Cup of Milk
- ⅓ Cup of Flour
- ⅓ Cup of Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- ½ tsp of Cinnamon
- 6 – 8 Slices of Texas Toast
- 4 Tablespoons of Butter
Homemade hot syrup
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- Beat the following ingredients with a fork: eggs, milk, salt, cinnamon, flour, sugar, vanilla.
- Melt Butter in a skillet over medium heat
- Soak Texas Toast each side for 30 seconds
- Place in skillet and cook each side until lightly browned.
Serve with hot syrup (or use store bought syrup)
- Place the sugar and water in a small pan.
- Boil on medium to low heat for around 15 minutes. (I place a cover over the boiling mixture to keep my stove top clean).
- Take the mixture off the stove and let it set for 5 minutes before using.