- 3 cups flour
- 1 t . baking soda
- 1 t . baking powder
- 1 t . salt
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 T . softened butter
- 2 t . vanilla
- 2 t . lemon extract
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups and 2 T. powdered sugar
- 4 T . milk
- 1 t . lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, blend eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon juice and oil with an electric mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into well-greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick stuck into center comes out clean.
- When loaf is cool, remove from pan and ice with icing.
- Mix the ingredients together and pour over cooled cake.