Enjoy the tartness of cranberries with a refreshing orange flavor in a tantalizing breakfast bread.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ginger (Ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Nutmeg (Ground)
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick, softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, baking soda, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add orange peel, orange juice and eggs; mix well. Gradually add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened. Gently stir in cranberries and almonds. Pour batter into greased 9×5-inch loaf pan
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- To use dried cranberries: Place 1 cup dried cranberries in 2 cups boiling water. Cover. Let stand 15 minutes. Drain before adding to batter.
- To prepare in mini loaf pans: Pour batter evenly into 3 greased 5 1/2×3-inch mini-loaf pans. Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Test Kitchen Tip: For easier slicing, wrap bread in plastic wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of McCormick.com