Crispy Peach Turnovers.
An easy dessert recipe made with fresh peaches covered in a crispy crunchy crust.
Then sugar sprinkled on top.Print
- 1 sheet puff pastry (thawed)
- 3 fresh peaches
- 1 tsp. raw sugar
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 egg whites for brushing top of turnovers
- 1/2 cup sugar for sprinkling
- Wash, peel, and finely dice peaches. Mix together with sugar and cornstarch. Heat the peach mixture on medium-low and simmer until thickened, 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Roll the puff pastry. Cut the pastry into 8 equal squares for mini turnovers, or 6 squares for larger turnovers.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- When the peach mixture has cooled, spoon 1-2 tablespoons of peaches onto the puff pastry squares, off center. Fold the pastry over the filling to make a square and seal the perimeter by pinching the edges or pressing the tines of a fork into the dough.
- Place the turnovers on a baking sheet and brush with the egg white.
- Bake until the dough is crispy and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- As soon as removing from oven sprinkle the sugar over the top.
More Recipes using Peaches