Cheesecake. Covered in chocolate. On a stick. In just 30 minutes. Learn how to make this irresistible Nestle Toll House dessert in a few simple steps.
- 1 pkg. frozen cheesecake (16 oz.)
- 22 to 24 lollipop or wooden craft sticks (found at cake decorating or craft stores)
- Small ice cream scoop (1 to 1 1/2 tablespoon size)
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or shortening
- Colored sprinkles or sugars
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- LINE baking sheet with wax paper.
- REMOVE cheesecake from freezer; thaw for 5 minutes. Cut cheesecake into 22 to 24 small even pieces.
- PRESS pieces of cheesecake, including crust, into ice cream scoop. Working quickly, shape into 1 1/2-inch balls. Press one lollipop stick into each cheesecake ball. Place on prepared baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour.
- MICROWAVE white morsels and shortening in dry, medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 45 seconds; STIR. If needed, microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring vigorously after each interval until morsels are melted.
- DIP frozen cheesecake pops into melted morsels; shaking off excess and place on prepared baking sheet.
FOR DOUBLE DIPPED POPS:
- MICROWAVE semi-sweet morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH power for 30 seconds; STIR. If needed, microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring vigorously after each interval until morsels are melted. Dip bottom of pop into melted chocolate and immediately decorate with colored sprinkles or sugars.
FOR A FANCY DRIZZLE:
- MICROWAVE semi-sweet chocolate morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10-to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over dipped pop.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of Very Best Baking By Nestle