Make your own the natural way:
DIY Natural Vapo Rub
- 1/2 cup olive oil coconut oil, or almond oil
- 2 level tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- 20 drops of Eucalyptus Oil use only 4 drops for use on babies and young children
- 20 drops Peppermint Oil substitute 4 drops fir essential oil for use on babies and small children
- 10 drops Rosemary Oil omit for use on babies and small children
- 10 drops cinnamon or clove oil (optional- omit for use on babies or small children.
Melt beeswax with oil of choice in a double boiler until just melted.
Add the essential oils (use half the amount for a baby version or dilute with coconut oil before using)
Stir until well mixed and pour into some type of container with a lid to store. Small tins work well, as do little jars. I also always make a few in lip chap sticks to keep in my purse or to use on baby feet.
Use as needed to help reduce coughing and congestion.