Easter Basket Cupcakes: Instead of paper liners, these cupcakes are baked in ice cream cones to make edible Easter baskets.Print
- 24 sugar ice cream cones
- 1 package white cake mix (2-layer size)
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Yellow Food Color
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 container vanilla frosting (16 ounces)
- McCormick® Assorted Food Colors & Egg Dye
- 24 pieces red string licorice (4-inch lengths)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 72 Jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim off the bottom 2 to 3 inches of the ice cream cones. Wrap bottom of cones in small pieces of greased foil. Place cones in muffin pans sprayed with no stick cooking spray. (Cones should be slightly taller than muffin cups.) Set aside.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, adding yellow food color and lemon extract. Pour batter into cones.
- Bake as directed on package for cupcakes. Cool cupcakes on wire rack. Remove any excess cake from bottom of cones.
- Tint frosting with desired food colors. Frost cupcakes.
- Attached string licorice for the basket handles. Decorate cupcakes with coconut and jelly beans.
- **Cooking tip: To tint coconut: Place about 1/2 cup coconut in resealable plastic bag. Squeeze 2 to 3 drops of desired food color into bag. Shake until color is evenly distributed.dles. Decorate cupcakes with coconut and jelly beans.
Recipe courtesy and reprinted with permission of McCormick.com
See more Easter Recipes: