- 1 11 ounce package refrigerated bread dough
- 1/2 cup ground toasted almonds
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cut bread dough into 5 even portions. Divide each portion into 3 pieces.
- Roll each piece to approximately 5 inches.
- Braid three pieces, securing ends.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake until lightly golden, 14 to 17 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine almonds and sugar.
- Brush braids on both sides with melted butter.
- Dip braids in almond mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- *** Makes 5 servings