- Round tips are used to make lines (dots, and writing.)
- Star tips are used to create stars (shells, flowers, decorative borders, and rosettes.)
- Leaf tips are used to make leaf shapes.
- Basket-weave tips are used to make lattices and ribbonlike lines and borders.
- Fill a pastry bag about two-thirds full of frosting.
- Fold the corners over, and roll the bag down to the frosting.
- With one hand, grip the bag near the roll above the frosting.
- Apply pressure with the palm of your hand, forcing the frosting toward the tip.
- Use your other hand to guide the tip of the bag.