Easy for breakfast. You’ll end up with toasty bread, melty cheese, and a perfectly done egg with a runny yolk to sop up with your breadPrint
- 1 slice of bread
- 1 egg
- Shredded cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking pan with nonstick spray, and lay your slice of bread on it.
- Using a spoon, press down a rectangle into the bread, leaving about ¾” border at normal height. Now you have a kind of shallow bowl for your egg. Salt and pepper your bread, and then crack that egg right in the bread.
- Spread butter on the edges where there’s no egg, and sprinkle cheese around the outside of the egg, too.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Watch video to see how easy it is to make.