A deep fried batter of yummy dessert.Print
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (plus more for frying)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar, salt, water and 2 tablespoons of oil to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon until a soft ball of dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Meanwhile, fill a large saucepan halfway with oil and heat over medium-high heat to 375°F. Carefully pipe churro batter into oil (or pipe onto a plate, then transfer to oil using a slotted spoon).
- Fry churros on both sides 1 to 2 minutes until golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to transfer churros to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add churros to bowl and toss lightly to coat.