Egg Noodles With Spicy Italian Sausage. A delightful dinner recipe that is spicy and yummy. A lot of ingredients but quick and easy to make.
- Olive oil
- 4 spicy Italian sausage links casings removed
- 1 large onion quartered and sliced thinly
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper cored and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper cored and thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper cored and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic pressed through garlic press
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves cut into fine strips, divided use
- 8 ounces Pappardelle noodles
- Parmesan cheese and olive oil to sprinkle on top
Place a large, heavy-bottom pan over medium-high heat; add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Once the oil is hot, crumble the spicy Italian sausage into the pan in small chunks (you want to keep the sausage fairly chunky), allowing it to brown in the oil for a few moments on each side.
When the crumbled sausage is browned, remove it from the pan with a slotted spoon and place into a small bowl and set aside.
Add the sliced onion into the pan with the sausage drippings, and allow it to caramelize and become golden for roughly 5 minutes, stirring to keep it from burning (add a touch more olive oil, if necessary).
Once the onion starts to become golden, add the salt, Italian seasoning and black pepper, and stir to combine, then add in the sliced bell peppers, and allow those to saute with the onion for about 2 minutes until slightly tender and golden;
Add in the garlic, and once it becomes aromatic, add in the white wine and allow it to reduce for a few moments, until almost completely reduced.
Add in the diced tomatoes with their juice, and return the browned spicy Italian sausage back into the pan, and gently fold the mixture to combine; allow it to gently simmer for about 3-4 minutes to blend the flavors, then turn the heat off;
Drizzle in about 2-3 tablespoons of the olive oil to create a silky, rich flavor, and add in the chopped parsley and about half of the basil, Stir and keep warm while you prepare the noodles.
Prepare the noodles according to instructions on package. Then, drain the noodles well, and add them directly into the sauce, using tongs to gently toss and combine the noodles with the sauce and all of the ingredients in it. Check the seasoning to see if you need to add any additional salt or pepper.
To serve, add equal portions of the noodles to bowls, and garnish with a sprinkle of the remaining basil.
Top with shaved Parmesan and an extra drizzle of olive oil.
See more of our delicious Main Meal Recipes