Foods That WILL Harm Your Dog


Alcohol may cause your dog to have seizures.

Apple Cores: Apple seeds actually contain cyanide, which can induce seizures, hyperventilation, and even comas in dogs.

Garlic: Dogs will become more lethargic after eating garlic and may need a blood transfusion.

Dough with Yeast: It can expand in the dog’s stomach, potentially leading to a ruptured stomach or intestinal tract.

Raisins can cause dehydration, vomiting, and kidney failure in dogs who eat them.

Grapes have been known to cause kidney failure. Kidney failure can cause death in three to four days.

Cheese: Dogs don’t have the enzymes to break down cheese, so it can cause diarrhea and vomiting if a dog eats it in excess.

Milk and Dairy can cause severe gastrointestinal problems in dogs, and even bacterial exposure that could eventually lead to death. Because pets do not possess significant amounts of lactase (the enzyme that breaks down lactose in milk), milk and other dairy-based products cause them diarrhea or other digestive upset.

Macadamia nuts: Dogs will experience a weakness or inability to walk, especially in their hind legs.

Bacon: Dogs shouldn’t be given bacon, as its high fat content can lead to pancreatitis in dogs.

Chocolate, Coffee or Caffeine: The caffeine and theobromine in chocolate is toxic to dogs, and can cause vomiting, dehydration, seizures, and death among other negative side effects.

Onions contain a compound that damages red blood cells in dogs. After eating onions, a dog will move around less and become weaker.

Nuts: Nuts, including almonds, pecans, and walnuts, contain high amounts of oils and fats. The fats can cause vomiting and diarrhea, and potentially pancreatitis in pets.

Raw/Undercooked Meat, Eggs and Bones: Raw meat and raw eggs can contain bacteria such as Salmonella and E. coli that can be harmful to pets and humans. Raw eggs contain an enzyme called avidin that decreases the absorption of biotin (a B vitamin), which can lead to skin and coat problems. Feeding your pet raw bones may seem like a natural and healthy option that might occur if your pet lived in the wild. However, this can be very dangerous for a domestic pet, who might choke on bones, or sustain a grave injury should the bone splinter and become lodged in or puncture your pet’s digestive tract.

How To Make Your Own Coconut Deodorant
8 Words You Should Never Say Overseas
Bookmark the permalink.