Ginger Cashew Brittle.
An easy holiday dessert recipe to bake for the Holidays using cashews.
Listen to recipe:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and 1 cup water. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves. Add salt. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 250°; add cashews and ginger. Continue cooking until mixture reaches 290°; remove pan from heat.
- Stir in butter and baking soda. Beat until frothy. Divide between prepared pans. Let cool until hardened, up to 2 hours.
- Break brittle into pieces. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.