Greek Yogurt Cucumber Sauce.
Sometimes called Tzatziki Sauce. Serve on Gyros, Tacos, or any grilled meat.
A recipe that is Keto friendly, Low Carb. and gluten free.
Listen to recipe:
- 3 cups Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons juice of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove (chopped)
- 2 medium cucumbers (seeded and diced)
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt for salting cucumbers
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Peel cucumbers, then cut in half lengthwise and take a small spoon and scrape out seeds. Discard seeds. Slice cucumbers, then put in a colander, sprinkle on 1 Tablespoon salt, and let stand for 30 minutes to draw out water. Drain well and wipe dry with paper towel.
- In a food processor add cucumbers, garlic, lemon juice, dill, and a few grinds of black pepper. Process until well blended, then stir this mixture into the yogurt. Taste before adding any extra salt, then salt if needed.
- Place in refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so flavors can blend.
- This will keep for a few days o
- more in the refrigerator, but you will need to drain off any water and stir each time you use it.