Green Beans with Artichokes and Roasted Red Peppers.
This is the best recipe for green beans.
Serve as side dish for your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.
Perfect for a Pot Luck. Yummy, yummy!
Listen to recipe:
This is the best recipe for green beans. Serve as side dish for your Thanksgiving or Christmas meal. Perfect for a Pot Luck. Yummy, yummy!
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Red Peppers (roasted)
- 1 small jar Artichokes
For Green Beans:
- Drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil in the pan and melt 3-4 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat.
- Wait for all the butter to melt and look foamy.
- Add the chopped garlic.
- Let the garlic cook for 2 minutes and then add the green beans.
- Stir them around and get them as flat as possible in the pan. Cooking them until they turn bright green.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for a couple more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken broth to cover them and stir. Let come to a rapid boil.
- Cover them and turn the heat to medium low, venting the pan so steam can escape. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until most of the chicken broth has cooked out.
To Roast Red Pepper:
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash the peppers and then cut them in half lengthwise.
- Cut off the stem with a paring knife and scoop out all the seeds and membranes.
- Place the peppers cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Roast the peppers in the pre-heated 450 degree oven for about 25 minutes; or until the skins are completely wrinkled and the peppers are charred, rotating the sheet if necessary for them to cook evenly.
- Let the peppers cool for a minute or two, and then remove them from the baking sheet and place them in the back into the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with foil or a plate, and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, peel off the skins and discard them, dropping the peppers back into the green beans.
- Add the jar of artichokes and simmer until everything is warm. Serve warm
More ways to cook Green Beans: