- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Form into thick patties.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Fry the patties and onion in the oil until patties are nicely browned.
- Remove the beef patties to a plate, and keep warm.
- Sprinkle flour over the onions and drippings in the skillet. Stir in flour with a fork, scraping bits of beef off of the bottom as you stir.
- Gradually mix in the beef broth. Season with seasoned salt. Simmer and stir over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes, until the gravy thickens. Turn heat to low, return patties to the gravy, cover, and simmer for another 15 minutes.