Fluffy yet moist.
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup mashed banana (plus extra for slicing on top of the pancakes)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk the mashed banana, eggs, butter, and vanilla into the buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl, add the the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the wet and mix just until mixed. Do not over mix!
- Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Use cooking spray or a little bit of butter to coat the pan.
- Pour small amount of batter onto the pan
- Flip when small bubbles begin to form.
- Cook until a golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite syrup, bananas or top other fruits.