Healthy Honey Garlic Shrimp.
A shrimp recipe that is healthy, quick and easy.
Dinner made yummy.
Turn up your sound and watch video and print recipe below:Print
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger – optional
- 1 lb medium uncooked shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger (if using) together in a medium bowl.
- Place shrimp in a large zipped-top bag.
- Pour 1/2 of the marinade mixture on top, give it all a shake or stir, then allow shrimp to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or for up to 8-12 hours.
- Cover and refrigerate the rest of the marinade if marinating shrimp more than 1/2 hour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Discard used marinade.
- Place shrimp in the skillet.
- Cook shrimp on one side until pink– about 45 seconds– then flip shrimp over.
- Pour in remaining marinade and cook it all until shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more.
- Serve shrimp with cooked marinade sauce and a garnish of green onion.
- The sauce is excellent on brown rice and steamed veggies on the side.
More Dinner Recipes