Spinach, Pomegranate, Chicken Salad is a healthy recipe. Topped with a delicious hot bacon dressing or your favorite dressing.
Pomegranates are an antioxidant-rich super food that may help reduce joint pain and decrease inflammation in arthritis sufferers.
Spinach is a healthy source of fiber and contains many nutrients, including vitamin K, calcium, magnesium, folate, vitamin C, iron, manganese, potassium, tryptophan and other vitamins and minerals.
Out of all the chicken options at the grocery story, the healthiest option is fresh chicken breast. The white meat (chicken breast) has slightly less cholesterol than the dark meat (legs and wings). It is definitely lower in saturated fats. In general, poultry is a heart-healthy protein.Print
- 16 oz baby spinach with or without stems
- 1 cup pomegranate seed
- 1 cup cooked chicken about 2 small boiled chicken breast
Hot Bacon Dressing:
- 1/4 cup bacon fat
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 3 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar!)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices bacon (crumbled)
Make the dressing:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Fry until crispy.
- Place the bacon on a paper towel to slightly drain and cool.
- Pour the bacon fat into a bowl or cup.
- Add the bacon grease, minced garlic, vinegar, sugar and mustard to a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Whisk constantly until the sugar has dissolved.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Keep this over low heat while stirring occasionally until ready to serve.
- Before serving, add in the crumbled bacon.