Homemade Bagel Stuffing. This recipe pulls the flavor of a classic bagel to make a perfect stuffing. Yummy side dish for any Holiday or special occasion. If you wish to use this stuffing recipe in your turkey be sure to read: How To Stuff A Turkey
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 4 medium garlic cloves finely chopped, divided
- 1 tsp. dried minced onion
- 1/2 tsp. caraway seeds
- 1 tsp. kosher salt divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large red onion thinly sliced
- 2 large celery stalks finely chopped
- 5 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 4 large day-old bagels cut into 1-in. cubes (about 8 cups)
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
Stir sesame seeds, poppy seeds, 1 teaspoon garlic, dried onion, caraway seeds and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 375°. Coat a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium. Add red onion, celery and green onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 7 minutes. Add chives, 3 teaspoons garlic, pepper and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Whisk together eggs and broth in a large bowl. Fold in bagel cubes, , dill and onion-chives mixture. Pour mixture into prepared casserole dish; sprinkle with bagel seasoning. Bake until heated through and browned on top, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time:1 hour