Homemade Ground Beef Chili. Recipe for chili with beef, beans and seasoned to perfection.
Spicy and yummy Chili. A family favorite.
Homemade Ground Beef Chili
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato puree
- 1 can (15 oz) red kidney beans drained
- 1 can pinto beans drained
- 1 1/2 cups medium-large onion chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup chili powder use less for milder chili
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin use more for real flavor
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain off the fat.
Put the beef and the remaining ingredients in a 6-quart pot.
Cover the pot and let the chili simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
See more of our delicious Main Dish Recipes