Homemade Raisin Cake.
A delicious healthy dessert recipe made with brown sugar, cinnamon and of course raisins.
Turn on sound and listen to video. Print recipe below.Print
- 1/3 cup butter or 5 1/3 tablespoons
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts ((optional))
- Bring butter, sugar, raisins, spices, salt and water to a medium boil for 3 minutes on top of the stove.
- Remove from stove and let cool.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Pour in cooled ingredients and mix until ingredients are all wet.
- Stir in eggs and fold in nuts.
- Prepare a 9×9 baking pan, by lightly oiling it or lining it with parchment paper and bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Sprinkle more raisins on top of cake.
- You can add your favorite frosting or a glaze. Or just sprinkle on some powdered sugar top.