Homemade Roasted Green Beans with Special Sauce. This recipe will make your green beans taste delicious.
A perfect side dish to compliment any dinner.
Your kids will now get their greens and love them.
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen green beans
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups half and half a mixture of milk and cream; available in dairy section
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; toss to coat.
Spread green beans on a large rimmed baking sheet.
Roast for 15-20 minutes; stirring halfway through.
In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
Add minced garlic and saute until golden.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together half and half, cornstarch, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and oregano. Add mixture to sauted garlic.
Cook, stirring often until thick.
Add Parmesan cheese and stir well.
Remove from heat and serve over the green beans or pasta.