How To Clean A Cast Iron Skillet
- Run it through the self-cleaning oven cycle.
- Spray the skillet down with oven cleaner and seal in a plastic bag. Leave it for a couple of days and then using a brass wire brush scrub it down.
- Soak the skillet in half water half vinegar for several hours and then scrub.
- *** Be sure to "season" the skillet when new and periodically by using a very thin layer of cooking oil then put in the oven at 250 for about an hour.
- **** Always dry skillet with a cloth after cleaning in water.