How To Remove Bad Smells From Your Carpet.
DIY tips for removing a stinky carpet smell and stains:
1. Your carpet is one of the key smell-trappers of your home. But there’s an even easier way to eliminate carpet odors, using Febreze Fabric Refresher! Application couldn’t be easier; just spray Febreze all over until it’s damp! Let it dry and the uninvited smells are gone.
2. 50/50 vinegar/baking soda mixture, let sit, wipe, dry & vacuum.
3. Detergent solution: Mix 1/4 teaspoon of a translucent liquid dish washing detergent, such as Dawn or Joy, into one cup of lukewarm water. Dip a white cloth into these solutions and apply to the stain. Never pour the solutions directly onto carpeting.
4. Sprinkle baking soda over your carpet! Let it set for about 20 minutes and then vacuum up. It works great and it’s a very cheap way to refresh your carpet.
5. DRY coffee grounds work wonders. Sprinkle them on let them sit, vacuum them up. Use them on anything and everything that needs odor removed. Or for a stinky drawer put a tablespoon fresh coffee grounds in a coffee filter rubber banded and throw in each drawer and will suck the smell right out.
6. Steam clean with a bit of bleach in with the cleaning solution. It works great.
7. Spray lots of straight white vinegar on it! I use it all the time on almost everything. Smell goes away!
8. Baking soda and borax: The ingredients that you will need to make the deodorizer include half a cup of baking soda, half a cup of borax and one teaspoon of ground spices. Cinnamon is a great option to try in this recipe. Mix these ingredients well and store in a dry, well-ventilated place. Sprinkle the mix on a carpet that smells bad and leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Vacuum clean and you should be left solely with the enticing scent of the ground spices.