I Can’t Stop Loving You Chocolate Brownie Cake.
Dessert recipe with a chocolate layer, a frosting layer, a brownie layer then topped with another chocolate layer. Best brownie cake you will ever eat.Print
Top AND Bottom layer:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 heaping cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate coarsely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a medium microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring after each, in the microwave. Remove from the heat, pour into a large mixing bowl, and allow to slightly cool for 10 minutes.
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line the bottom and sides of a 9×13 baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- Whisk the granulated and brown sugars into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Gently fold in the salt, flour, and cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 35-36 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with only a few moist crumbs when the brownies are done. All ovens are different, so keep an eye on them after 30 minutes and use the toothpick test to see when yours are finished. Allow the brownies to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack.
- Once completely cooled, lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides.
- Place the whole thing on a baking sheet as you make the frosting.
- Do not cut into squares yet.
Top and Bottom layer:
- Melt in a medium microwave safe bowl in 20 second increments, stirring after each, in the microwave.
- Once melted gently spread 1/2 of the chocolate chip mixture evenly in a bottom of a 9×13 inch pan with a knife.
- Place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour to set the chocolate.
For the middle area:
- In a medium bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and milk. Beat for 2 minutes on low speed, then increase to high speed and beat for 1 additional minute.
- Place on top of chocolate chip mixture, then place cooked brownies on top.
- Top with other 1/2 of chocolate chip mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Brownie Recipes