Jello Strawberry Dessert. If you like strawberries you will LOVE this recipe. Two layers of cake then topped off with a sweet jello strawberry topping. Easy to make for a Holiday favorite.
For the cake:
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
For the topping:
1 large package strawberry jello mix.
1 and 1/2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries.
For the cake:
- Grease and flour two 8 inch square pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour and baking powder to combine, set aside for later.
- Cream the butter with the paddle attachment in your mixer, gradually add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time blending after each to incorporate.
- Add the vanilla to the l cup of milk. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk to the butter, sugar, egg mixture. Begin and end with the dry ingredients. Add the dry 3 times and milk twice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool cakes completely
Mix strawberry jello according to package directions. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until almost set. Remove from refrigerator and stir in strawberries. Return to refrigerator until completely set.
Place cooled cakes on top of each other and then spread the jello mixture on top. Refrigerate until ready to serve.