Low Calorie Mashed Cauliflower.
Yummy side dish recipe that would be a healthy substitute for mashed potatoes.
The best mashed cauliflower recipe you could cook.
Perfect for the Holidays.
Listen to recipe:
- 2 Large heads of cauliflower
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 oz. Greek yogurt cream cheese or low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper (or to taste)
Optional for garnish:
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or 1 chopped green onion
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and place into a large pot. Add enough water to the pot to cover the florets. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 10-15 minutes, or until a fork can easily pierce cauliflower. Once the cauliflower is tender, strain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, add the onion and garlic to a small pan. Saute over medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the onion and garlic mixture to the large pot used to cook cauliflower, along with the cream cheese and parmesan. Use a handheld mixer to whip the garlic, onions, cream cheese, and parmesan together. Add cauliflower to the pot and mix with mixer until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Use parsley or chopped green onion to garnish if desired.