Homemade whipped cream is a popular topping for desserts and drinks. Here are some desserts for which whipped cream is commonly used as a topping or spread:
- Pies (especially pumpkin pies and chocolate pies)
- Ice creams (especially ice cream sundaes)
- Cupcakes and cakes (especially as regular whipped cream on gingerbread cake and in the form of whipped cream frosting on other cakes)
- Puddings (especially banana pudding and chocolate pudding)
- Fresh berries and fruit salads
- Try it on your soup or scrambled eggs.
And here are some drinks that are made extra-decadent with a dollop of homemade whipped cream:
- Hot chocolate
- Espresso con Panna, Caffe Lattes and other espresso drinks
- Iced coffee drinks
- Flaming Spanish Coffee, Irish Coffee and other coffee cocktails
- Chai and dirty chai lattes
- Hot apple cider
Here is the recipe:Print
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until light and creamy. Remove cream cheese mixture from mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 cup heavy whipping cream to mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- Add cream cheese mixture to heavy cream and beat just until stiff peaks form.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.