Mexican Pork Soup. Delicious and very easy to make. Made with pork loin and spices.
Mexican Pork Soup
- 3 Tbsps. oil
- 1 lb. pork loin cubed bite-size
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 tsps. garlic minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz. can mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 4.5 oz. can chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp. each chili powder and cumin
- ½ tsp. each Mexican oregano and paprika
- 1 15.5 oz. can white hominy, drained
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro chopped
Heat oil in large pot on medium heat. Add pork, onion, and garlic. Sauté 3-4 minutes searing pork on all sides.
Stir in broth, enchilada sauce, green chilies, and spices. Bring to a boil on high heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer 40 minutes.
Add hominy. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Stir in lime juice and cilantro.