An easy breakfast recipe.
Soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
Serve with maple syrup if desired.
Listen to recipe:
- 3 cups pancake mix don't pack
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons oil plus more for frying
- Small bowl of powdered sugar
Pour several inches of oil into a deep saucepan. Heating it up to 375 degrees over medium-high heat.
In a large bowl, combine pancake mix, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, milk, beaten eggs and oil. Stir until well mixed.
Using a large spoon drop scoops of batter into the hot oil. Don't crowd the pan.
Flip each one over when well browned.
Place each popper on a paper towel lined tray to drain excess grease.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Serve with maple syrup over top if desired.