An impressive dessert recipe perfect for summer days, that look and taste like peaches. But better.
Peaches full of flavor.
Watch video and print recipe below.Print
- 15 Peaches
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. sour cream
- Lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup ground pecans or walnuts or almonds
- 1/4 cup peach jam
- reserved cookie crumbs
- 2/3 cup Peach liqueur (divided)
- red food coloring
- yellow food coloring
- fine sugar
- green leaves
- Preheat oven to 350F .
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare cookie dough. In a large bowl mix butter with sugar and lemon zest until creamy. Add egg and mix until well combined. Mix in vanilla extract and sour cream.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- With mixer on low incorporate flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Grease your hands with softened butter or oil. Scoop about 1 tbsp of dough and shape into balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheets.
- Flatten the balls slightly .
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until bottoms are lightly golden brown.
- Remove form the oven and let cool completely.
- When cookies are cooled use a small sharp knife to remove the cookie center crumb and place it in a bowl as it will be used for the filling.
- Prepare the filling. Break the reserved cookie centers into crumbs. Add peach jam and ground pecans or walnuts over the reserved cookie crumbs and stir to combine.
- Place the filling into a piping bag fitted with a plain tip (I’ve used a 9 mm tip).
- Fill the cookies and match two cookies together.
- Decorate cookies. Add about ⅓ cup peach liqueur into a small bowl. Ad yellow food coloring. Add another ⅓ cup peach liqueur into another bowl and add red food coloring. In another bowl add a bit of fine sugar.
- Dip about a half of each sandwiched cookie into the yellow liqueur and then into the red one. Let it drain a bit and then roll into sugar to coat evenly.
- Place the peach cookies onto a serving platter and decorate with green leaves if desired. Enjoy!